Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Why did I choose Physical Education?


The most common question that college students are asked is “What is your major?”.  I love answering that I am a physical education major.  I am a P.E. major because I want to help all kids realize that they can be physically educated, and therefore physically fit.  So many kids are discouraged from PE because they aren’t good at basketball or soccer, but with new PE kids can learn other activities that they can succeed at and therefore enjoy.  Dance, self defense, orienteering, exergaming, and many other non-traditional activities can keep kids active for the rest of their lives.  I want to impact the non-athletic kids and help them find an activity that they love and can use to stay healthy for the rest of their lives. 


No comments:

Post a Comment