Wednesday, November 17, 2010

St. Mary's Turkey's Dribbiling Away!

Monday at St. Mary's, the kids were tested on their control skills.  They practiced both dribbling a soccer ball and a basketball.  The kids did very well with the basketball skills, but not so well with the soccer skills.  I think that a lot of the games that were played at this lab singled kids out, and made them nervous.  This is because the skills we were assessing are skills that need to be done one at a time.  I think that when I teach I will try to eliminate this feeling for kids.  One child in particular, Adam, was not participating in the soccer drill, and when he was asked to kick the ball, he was nervous.  I personally remember being in PE class, and being afraid to do certain skills in front of the class.  I will try my hardest as a physical educator to make kids feel comfortable, and not scared to perform skills.

https://docs.google.com/document/pub?id=1TzKVode2cDuUBmzHPp0AbM4ccYZTX0_bgwT5-XDJu5Y

No comments:

Post a Comment